How to Add a Bank Account
The Accounts area reflects your bank accounts. You can use this functionality to quickly see where your money is, how it is being used, and to better organise your transactions.
Once you’ve created an acccount, you can also import transactions from your online bank account. This is a very fast way of setting up your new system, so once you’ve created an account, don’t forget to also import transactions.
How to add a new Bank Account
- Click the Bank Accounts link in the left hand menu
- Click the Add a New Account button (top right)
- Select the Bank or Institution
- This helps 10 Minute Accounts to know how to record your transactions
- If your institution is not in the list, just select ‘Other’
- Click Save to continue
- Enter the Account details
- The Account Name should be descriptive, so that you know which account this relates to. It is for your use only, so you can call it anything you like.
- The Current Balance should match the current cleared balance. This will automatically change as you add transactions, so just enter the balance as it stands today.
- When you’re ready, click Save
Your account has been created. You can now import transactions from your bank account.